Tuesday 28 April 2015

Flying Time

Goodness gracious me! Can it really be almost a year since I last blogged? Clearly I'm not a born blogger - I'm so much more at home with equations than I am with words. Well, here's where the last year's gone:

I've been quite the busy bee
Three months spent on a whistle-stop tour of the UK mainland.
 
Aberdeenshire
Yorkshire
Field upon field of poppies
Kent  
Dumfries and Galloway
Making waves

Beer o'clock.

I bought a new loom, broke it, mended it and finished some weaving.

See how the wood has worn away in the centre
 

So Woolbothy

Nature's Gift Wrap

I started some more weaving, to make a Collette Albion

Inspired by Stirling Moss here
Lucky Heather.
British wool from the Hebrides - home of Harris Tweed
 I did a spot of knitting.

Shepherd's Lipstick
 ...and some spinning and knitting

A Jacob lamb called Molly

I've become obsessed with dyeing sock yarn.

 

Next time (only a week or two away) I'll show you some secret sewing.
Meanwhile, it's back to watching the puffins, nesting in the cliffs.



No comments:

Post a Comment